8330 State Route 405
Milton PA, 17847
TRANSMISSION FLUID CHANGE
Whatever your car or truck mileage, Jake's will service your transmission according to your vehicle's manufacturer recommendations.
A transmission service is part of your routine maintenance, just like replacing your engine oil.
A complete transmission service should include:
• removing and examining the sump or pan
• replacing or cleaning the screen or filter
• cleaning the pan
• reinstalling the pan with a new pan gasket
• pumping out the rest of the old fluid and replacing it with new, high quality ATF
• adding a friction modifier or additive package (model specific)
New fluid restores the holding power between the clutches, reducing slip and heat production.
At the same time, flushing the old fluid washes away tiny particles of clutch material and metal shavings. Those particles clog passages and wedge between moving parts, causing wear throughout the transmission. Changing the fluid eliminates those particles and the wear they cause.
The net result of changing the fluid is to provide better lubrication, improved the holding ability of the friction components, and reduced heat. So your transmission works better for years longer, which means you’re less likely to face a major transmission repair.